Monday, June 8, 2009

Life 101

I tried one of these blogs a long time ago and it helped me release some stress, so I thought I'd try again...

Well, I start dental school very soon (a couple months) and I am too excited...lol. For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a dentist and I have dedicated myself to accomplishing that goal. These past two years since I graduated from Howard University I have gone through soo much to get to this point (you just don't know...). I am so grateful that things are finally working out. I've realized that we plan certain things to happen at times most convenient for us, but God doesn't always plan things on our time, but always on His time. I feel when I stopped trying to control everything, God was finally able to work and now with Him holding my hand I'll be able to finish and remain successful.

I have been trying to get a bunch of socializing out of my system before school starts, because I won't have time for anything or anybody. So far, things have been quite interesting. The second I started going out regularly, I started to meet people immediately. I've met some interesting characters...lol, it's fun none the less. I love poetry, being at HU enhanced my love for poetry and 'the arts' in general. I love going to museums, reading books, meeting writers, African American art, etc. A friend of mines introduced me to 'They Say Restaurant" in Detroit and every Thursday I'm there listening to a very talented poet Marsha Carter. It is soo nice to go some place where the atmosphere is real relaxed and I can just chill and listen to local talent. I feel like a regular...lol, I feel bad if I miss a night. I'll miss it when I start school, I won't have much time during the week, maybe on the weekends?

My sister mentioned something yesterday that I've been thinking about all day. She said something along the lines of don't deny the past, but embrace it (wise for a 19 yr old..lol). I feel everything happens for a reason and every person we meet, comes into our lives for a reason. We may not understand what the purpose of that person or situation at that particular time but eventually, we are able to take something from each experience and grow as individuals. I have no idea what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, or even a year from now. But I do know that I will take each day ONE at a time.

I need to laugh more, relax more, and have more fun! And I plan to do just that and you're welcome to come along if you like....

No comments:

Post a Comment